Dyna-Mac Engineering Pte Ltd is a Singapore-based engineering and construction company specialising in designing, fabricating and constructing offshore topside modules for the oil and gas industry. Despite the challenges of the oil price crunch, COVID-19 and unforeseen events, Dyna-Mac Engineering Pte Ltd achieved a remarkable turnaround in 2021, successfully transitioning from a loss-making yard to a profitable enterprise.
Building on this confidence and momentum, Dyna-Mac’s CEO embarked on a CTC partnership with Shipbuilding andMarine Engineering Employees’ Union (SMEEU). In August 2022, the senior management team completed their Operation and Technology Roadmap (OTR) journey, where they collaboratively created a 5-year roadmap to expand capacity and establish a new revenue stream for the business.
Various sector agencies attended Dyna-Mac’s post-OTR meetings to discuss and share their support, such as:
- Local talent development: Career Conversion Programme (CCP) and training and development initiative to upskill and reskill its workers. Dyna-Mac also worked with NTUC's e2i to upskill their workforce through Professional Development (PD) programmes and NETF Collaborative Fund (NCF).
- Career development and succession planning: Embarked on the Leadership Development Initiative (LDI) discussion and established Talent Management and Succession Planning frameworks with Enterprise Singapore to enhance career progression for its employees.
- Capitalisation of the Global Ready Talent Programme: Collaborated with Institute of Higher Learning (IHLs) and ITE, resulting in 29 completed internships between 2022 and 2023 at Dyna-Mac.
- Recruitment of local talents: Actively seeking local talents via career fairs, campus recruitment drives and ITE Work-Study Diploma programme.
- Sustainability efforts: Successfully reskilled 2 PMETs to champion sustainability efforts, with one now serving as the Marine Decarbonisation Champion as part of the Marine and Offshore Training Initiative (MOTI) at Dyna-Mac.
Outcome and benefits
Dyna-Mac kickstarted the following CTC projects:
- Human Resource Integrated System to improve HR work processes
- Safety Incident Investigation Software to improve safety management
The CTC collaboration has helped to:
- Provide a 4% wage increment for 22 workers
- Enrich and enlarge at least 17 job roles
- Initiate the Career Development Plan for all staff levels and succession planning for key appointments